Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Traditional Red & Green decorating

If you've beautifully decorated your house and have all your presents purchased raise your hand. Um you can't see me but I don't have my hand up. I am sooo behind! I have managed to do a little decorating since Saturday, but I don't think I have ever been so behind. Here's just a little sneak peak of a few areas I have decorated.
I bought this greenery at Walmart, yeah I know what some of you are thinking, you bought that?  I paid five bucks for this small little bundle. But we don't buy a real tree and I wanted a little fresh greenery in the house so 5.00 didn't seem like too much.
And looking at this sweet little arrangement makes my 5.00 purchase seem totally worth it! It sits next to my kitchen sink and smells so fresh and green.
And this little bargain vignette is on top of a free cabinet in my kitchen, that I will be painting soon. When I saw this stained glass window at Goodwill for only 6.00 a year ago I almost ran over a couple of people getting to it. At night it is beautiful with the light glowing behind it.  I threw some of my dollar store greenery up there and I'm thinking this may just be my favorite spot this year!

This is on top of my kitchen cabinet. Next year these cabinets will be white, I CANNOT wait. I'm gonna love the Christmas decor with white cabinets . I don't usually decorate up here but I lost some of my space with the change in furniture. So are you feeling like me.... the hurried you go the behinder you get? I'm linking to a blog hop, go check it out.

I'm linking to Funky Junk Interiors
ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 52


IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the tones of green you used. Gorgeous, all of it!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I chose ON PURPOSE to wait awhile to put out the Christmas stuff (I go crazy come mid-December if it goes out too early), but I'm just now finishing. Mostly. In any case, it seems like Christmas is practically here. What happened this year? The stores put stuff out in June, but somehow it still feels like it totally crept up on me!

Jennifer said...

Hey! I recognize that cabinet in your kitchen. I was wondering if you had painted it yet!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

You've got a good start but I know how you feel! Today I just had to quit with shopping b/c I was exhausted. Where does the time go?
I'm just seeing your craft room! Oh my! It's gorgeous! Love, love it!

Kimberlee said...

Love the decorations! The white cabinets will make a big difference.
Have a fabulous weekend! ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...