Friday, December 16, 2011

Our Christmas Tree!



Well I am late to the party, but oh well, kinda the theme this year, late, late, late! Ok, I'm not going to say much just share pics.
This year I decided to go back to my kids favorite ornaments instead of a theme tree. It had been a few years, so this was a nice change. At the base, my tree skirt made out of a ballroom dress, no sew, just cut and go!
All of these ornaments have meaning to us. Some were on my tree when I was just a little tot and some we picked up while vacationing and some made by the kids. This little baby Jesus was painted by me over 30 years ago! It's funny all the memories these ornaments have. That's really what it's all about! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! If you want to see some amazing trees,  go over to Thrifty Decor Chick you will be amazed.

4 comments:

Finding Home said...

Laura - You may be late, but it is still great! Take care, Laura

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

But what are you going to wear to the ball now??

:)

Stuff that you love trees are the best!

Carol said...

Love your tree-looks like we have the same idea--I think of my tree as a "treasure tree" because every item on it has a special memory/meaning attached---keeps growing through the years! Happy Holidays-love your blog!

KimMalk said...

I totally love that you used an old dress as a tree skirt! My big tree could use a custom skirt--I'll be on the lookout for a dress. It'll have to wait till next year, but that's okay! Thank you so much for visiting me awhile back--I'm very behind on my return visit. Hoping you and your family have a happy and blessed holiday :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...