Friday, December 9, 2011

Joy! Gift Exchange

I decided to give the Homemade Gift Exchange a try this year. When I was a kid I always wanted a pen pal, I thought this was as close as I was gonna get. My gift came from a sweet girl from Kentucky. It came in the mail a few days ago, of course I opened it right away!
April made this adorable ornament. Inside are strips of paper that have a favorite quote of mine which is on my blog. Such a thoughtful gift!
It was really hard to decide what to make for April. I finally decided on a new technique I just learned.
 Joy! That what the season is all about right? I think I need to make one of these for me as well! I had alot of fun making this, I hope she really en JOY's it!
So hop on over to Craftaholics Anonymous
Check out what everyone else gave and received!
I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interiors
Shabby Art Boutique.blogspot 


12 comments:

kari said...

That is so fabulous! Did you emboss the paper? I have a W to try this on!

blessings,

karianne

Laurie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the paper, little bell and ribbon you chose!! It just glistens! Did you emboss the paper?

Pink Texas Chick said...

I love the ornament she made and your 'JOY' as well. Both are very festive!

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE LOVE the JOY! SO CUTE!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Love that texture - I bet she was thrilled!

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Laura, this is just beautiful- elegant and it looks So expensive!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Would love to know how you made it!

Lindac said...

The ornament is lovely - lucky you!
Would love to know how to make the JOY sign though!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Great technique on the JOY letters and of course we all love to receive a little something in the mail.... especially when it is from a swap partner.

I'd love it if you could link this project up with my Simply Christmas Inspiration party at
http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday_09.html

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I love those JOY letters!! adorable!! new visitor :)

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

You were one of our most viewed links last week and I featured you tonight!

http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html

womens ski pants said...

I love the ornament she made and your 'JOY' as well. Both are very festive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...