Friday, December 9, 2011

Rustic Den Mantel

So all over blogland you can find fabulous mantels! Mine is a little different. It's in our Den, otherwise known as the "mancave". This room is my husbands, after 22 years of marriage I am finally getting a  bit of say in this room. We plan to make some changes after the first of the year. One of them will be to resurface the fireplace. I cannot wait! Anyway here it is...
First I should introduce you to our hairy friends.
This is Jack, he has quite a story as to how my husband acquired him. Let's just say crazy college days and leave it at that!
And this is Lucky. I actually was with my husband when he purchased him from a old run down Antique store. When we bought him we kinda looked at it like we were rescuing him. My husband isn't a hunter but he is a collector. One of these days I will show you the whole room. He has lots of toys!
 But let's get back to the mantel.
Here is a closeup of a few of the things on the mantel. I went to Goodwill because I wanted a small mirror to place up there. I couldn't find one BUT I found this picture and really loved it sooo it came home with me. The deer I bought last year on clearance at an after Christmas sale. He was silver and I thought I needed more red so out came the spray paint.
Here is the whole view.
I love this tree, I cover it with a big trash bag and put it away until next year, sooo easy!
 The star came from Ross last year also. I thought it needed a little detail so I added a little rub-n-buff to show off it's details.

Isn't the rust on this lantern perfect? I have several old lanterns.
These are my husbands old dice. He used to do magic tricks and has all kinds of old stuff like this. Remember I mentioned he has lots of toys! Notice the 2....5, get it 25!
It's a cozy little space and when only the Christmas lights are on it's so pretty!

I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interiors

7 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

It all looks adorable!

Dawn said...

Love the look, it would fit in great in our cabin:) I really like the tree in the red bucket and the idea of keeping it decorated and just putting it in a bag for storage. Great idea. Lovely space!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

It looks very cozy! Love the red bucket as well. Lucky looks very happy hanging around with your guys! ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE your Christmas mantel!! Oh, how I love a good mantel :)

Thanks for stopping by 52mantels and leaving me sweet comments! I'm following you back. I love your cute blog!

I live in Richardson, where are you? SO fun to "meet" more Texan bloggers!!

Laurie said...

The rub-n-buff did wonders for the star. I have to chime in that the idea and ease of storing the pretty tree is brilliant. Love his BSA box too.

You know I am a fan of his toys!! :O)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

So awesome....and *manly* ;) Love those lanterns!

Anonymous said...

I always have to check anything out that has "rustic" in the title. I just LOVE that red bucket full of pine cones that the tree is in ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...