Thursday, January 12, 2012

Organized Cookbooks

Sweet Little GalsI have had my cookbooks in my pantry for years, no of course I didn't think to take a picture of that part, just imagine, dark ugly unorganized hole, got it? Well I have been looking for a solution for months. The other day I came across a Ross Store in a nearby town and decided to take a look. And oh am I glad I did!
Do you have furniture you LOVE? I LOVE this piece. First of all it fits this space perfectly.
This shelf is in my kitchen/living room so I didn't want to have a bunch of ugly cookbooks staring at me as I sit on the couch.
The boxes are filled with those little Pillsbury cook books. I have spent HOURS going thru those, not actually cooking what I found, mostly just drooling over the pics. Some of them are 30 years old.  Are you noticing that the pattern at the bottom isn't perfect? I know, I'm trying not to let it bother me. The Nester says it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. This project was done on my Silhouette and my sweet daughter unplugged my computer from the machine before I was done with it. I couldn't get the pattern the same size. I'll fix it later just don't have anymore white paper right now.
This looks so much better than it did in my pantry. Notice that piece in the background, that is getting a little do over with some Annie Sloan paint soon.
 There is even more storage in the drawers. You might say I have a few of these books. Sad part now you can buy these books on a CD, that takes no space at all. See that little bin in the background, that is cookbooks I decided to get rid of.
I love the sides I have wanted a piece of furniture with an "X" on it forever. Is it just me or is this squeal worthy?
Did you notice the adorable planter on top? It's from Ross too. I am crazy nuts about these Moroccan patterns that are around right now. Notice that plant? I bought it at Christmas. I have been wanting one with beautiful flowers all over it. I brought it home and put it on a lower table and got up the next morning and noticed it was quite a bit smaller. My dog ate all the blooms off! Thankfully they aren't poisonous. So this shelf helps me save the plant too!
The best part of all. It had this tiny little chip so I asked to speak to the manager, she took 15% off, so it only cost me 65.00. I'm really happy with how it all turned out and now I have an empty shelf in the pantry! What are you organizing?
 My Repurposed Life
Whipperberry
Chic on a Shoestring
Miss Mustard Seed
A Little Knick Knack
Between U & Me
Tatertots & Jello
 Funky Junk
Be Different Act Normal
I Can't Stop Crafting
I Heart Naptime
Positively Splendid
 Craft-)-Maniac

Tip Junkie handmade projects

22 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

It is always soo much easier when everything is organized:) I love your shelf and choice of colors. The silhouettes sound like they can do just about anything! I've been debating whether to get one or not....this project just reinforces that I should:)

Janet said...

I really, really, like your shelf and your cookbooks looks so pretty in the paper. I was just browsing around Ross today--love that store too! I find so many great things there.

Comeca Jones said...

Looks great

Amanda said...

A lovely way to organise, looks great!

Terry said...

Love your shelf and how you decorated everything...the binders are just too cute! And of course the planter is gorgeous!! You've got great style!

Laurie said...

The shelf is a beauty and what you've done with the covering of the books really is the icing on the cake. Love it!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Is that just scrapbook paper? Whatever it is, it's brilliant. I've been purging through my cookbooks this last week (I SWEAR I'm going to get all those printed out internet recipes organized sometime this year) and I was debating whether or not I should keep them....so ugly and I never use them.....maybe that's the problem? :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very nice...I went through my cookbooks yesterday and took a bunch to GW...but I did keep some!

Debra Howard said...

What a cool idea! I think it rocks! I am adding it to my to do list. I am currently working on organizing things in my house so this will fit in nicely.
Debbie

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

That is the perfect piece! I love having cookbooks within arm's reach. You really fancied yours up. Don't you just love Ross stores?

Sherringa said...

Awesome, come to Alaska and organize and prettify my house!

Jody Tolsma said...

What a great solution! I am so doing this!

Boden said...

What a great spot for stashing your cookbooks, and I love how you made it looks gorgeous too! The "this and that" organizers are genius, I love it! I'd be thrilled if you'd come and share this at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love all the beautiful paper!

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

These look great!! Great job. Stopping by from Flamingo Toes linky party and your newest follower.

Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/hollys-first-coat.html

Homemade Heather said...

Love the colors! And so jealous over your beautiful, organized books! I'm a new follower.
Visiting from TJ ~ stop by and say hi sometime!
xo
Heather
www.twindragonflydesigns.com

Janet's House said...

How fun! I love your color combination too. I must check out Ross!

Megan Gunyan said...

What a great find! I'm loving the colors you chose to "hide" your books. The "this and that" is pretty awesome, too! I had to give this a feature! Have a great weekend!

Abbie said...

Just letting you know that I'm featuring you tomorrow for Feature Friday Free-for-all!

Thanks for linking up your awesomeness! : )

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Love this and pinning this!

xo
Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

Unknown said...

YOU HAVE BEEN FEATURED ON COM TODAY! winks, jen

mmodell said...

Can you tell me where you found your recipe binders and how you covered them? Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...