Monday, January 9, 2012

Whoooo Whoooo, look at my little painted owl

So, I recently showed you the room we began for our soon to be here, baby girl Hadley. I've been shopping and looking for a few more pieces to accessorize the room with. I came across this owl at Hob Lob on sale in the Spring section.


He is cute isn't he? His size is just right and the price is good, he is on sale, but he is a little dark for a baby girls room.

Nothing a little paint can't change right???? If you are thinking I'm crazy, am I seriously going to buy something brand new and paint it, yes I am! I would prefer something from Goodwill but no luck there today, so a girls gotta make the best of what she's got, right? Are you ready, she is so stinkin cute!


Look at those eyes, don't these colors make her come alive? I can't wait until Macy names her!


And here she is, just hanging out on a stump! We may need one of these for Hadley's room too.


So there you go, which do you think looks best?  You don't need an owl? There's a lesson in here.  When I shop I shop for shape, I can change most anything to the color I need it to be. And look everywhere, in all departments you never know what you will find. Whoooo whooo who looks cute now? Sorry, I just had to do it!

Come check out these Linky parties

A Stroll Thru Life
Sugar Bee Crafts
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Stories from A to Z
Blue Cricket Design
Domestically Speaking
Savvy Southern Style
Not so Homemade
JAQS Studio
Beyond the Picket Fence
52 Mantels
House Of Hepworths
Saved by Love
Shabby Creek Cottage
Sweet Little Gals
Funky Junk
Positively Splendid
Craft-O-Maniac

24 comments:

Heidi said...

Love it! I really like the colors! So bright and fun!!

Country Mouse said...

You did a GREAT job!!! I love owls, and I love this cutie too!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I LOVE IT!! And so will she. The first owl that's eyes don't freak me out :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

Oh! He's perfect! I love the bright colors! I am visiting from Kim's! BTW....I wanted to invite you to stop by my blog. We are having an "impossibility" challenge for 2012!

Chardawneh said...

Much better than the original!

Coffee Mom said...

That is adorable! I would never have thought to do that. Great job!!

Michelle said...

This is adorable, I love the bright pink and aqua together

Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

Hi Laura - I found you through Sugar Bee Crafts and Im your newest follower! How gorgeous is that owl????? So much better than how it was.
Take care
Natalie
http://northshoredays.blogspot.com/

SkinnyMeg said...

That owl is the most gorgeous owl ever! Love!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

That is so cute! I love owls. Hadley's room is adorable. Sounds like an exciting time for your family!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love this - way to see the potential!

Jennifer @Miss Maggie's Place said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute. My daughter would love to have it for her room & she's 10. :)

Q @ JAQS said...

You did a fabulous job painting that owl. So lovely.

If you get a chance, love for you to share this at my Link Party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/01/made-by-me-13-linky-party-and-features.html

-Q

Unknown said...

I love it!! And, I SO understand the concept of buying something new, just to paint it. When you find the shape, size, scale, details you have your heart set on..you snatch it up!! (I'm forever trying to convince the hubs of that...) :)

Thanks for linking up to the FIRST link party at 52 Mantels!! I'm so honored to have your awesome creativity linked up!

Karla Do More said...

Oh my gosh what a cute little guy. I've recently become a fan of owls and have been on the hunt for a cute one like this. No luck yet but finger crossed i find one soon. :)

Comeca Jones said...

This is the sweetest redo ever!

Finding Home said...

Okay, I am little behind this week so I am just seeing this now - adorable, and so going in Show & Tell tonight! Grat job!

Unknown said...

Adorable...sweet little feathered friend. :)

Unknown said...

SHE IS DARLING. The way she was make with those eyes is precious, then you brought her to life with those fab. darling fun colors. LOVE IT. Sharing her on my COM-FB page. winks, jen

Katie @ Little Becky Homecky said...

I love this! Super cute!! Great job on the redo!

Q @ JAQS said...

Thank you so much for sharing your great project at JAQS Studio "Made by ME" linky party.

I featured you today! :)

-Q

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

The owl is SO cute! Perfect for a sweet little girl!

Thanks for linking up to What's New Wednesdays! I hope you'll stop by and link up more amazing stuff on today's What's New Wednesday!

Valentine said...

I love it! Very cute make over. This makes me want to paint something. Next time I'm at a garage sale I'll be keeping my eye out for hidden treasures.

roaa mohamed said...

تستخدم مؤسسة الخدمات المنزلية لنقل الأثاث رافعات محددة ذات جودة عالية في وضعية صعود العقار وضيق السلالم به، كما أنها تعتمد على تقنيات جديدة في نقل الأثاث، ويحدث وضع الاثاث داخل مركبات مغطاة ومجهزة بأفضل التجهيزات، وأيضاً تمتاز هذه المركبات بأنها جديدة لتخفيض حدوث اعطال بها خلال سيرها وبداخلها العفش،
شركه نقل عفش من الرياض الى ابها
شركه نقل اثاث من الرياض الى ابها
شركه نقل عفش

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...