Thursday, February 9, 2012

A little peek of the cabinets

Well it's official. I am probably one of the worst bloggers ever! Guess how many pictures I took during this whole process... uh zero, zilch, nada! I did however take a few after.
I'm loving them, I should have done this a long time ago! I don't want to show you everything because this is just the beginning.
Next this dinosaur has to go. We tried to take it out so we could paint below it but we couldn't get it out. Bad pic, the cabinets don't look pink at all.
And this old faithful has to go too, she served our family well for almost 23 years. It will be nice to have a stainless steal one that matches the dishwasher and fridge.
And although stainless is desired for the appliances I am ready for something different for a sink. I'll be getting a big old farm sink. And of course with all these changes I can't keep the same counter tops. Well be getting butcher block from Ikea. I can't wait to see it. I LOVE the wood with the white cabinets. The one thing I am not sure about is my backsplash. I had planned on something white but saw this at Home Depot and I am considering it.
The fabric is for the kitchen curtains. What do you think? I'm waiting until I see the tile with the butcher block, not sure I am going to like it together. Anyway, so much more to do. You know how it is one thing leads to another and another and another. I call is the decorating monster, like the blob, it just keeps growing and growing, . I'll share more about the cabinets and what we did and all of that as time goes on. They look great, they should have always been this way!

4 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Laura...I know how much work a kitchen update can be....I love the glass tile...but you are right, you need to see how it looks with the counter....can't wait to see the finish product!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

It's looking GREAT!!! I'm sure it's sooo much brighter when you walk in there too. Gotta love that!


(the fabric and the tile look beautiful together, but I think all those grout lines are going to compete with the lines (wood grain) of the counter top. BUT it's YOUR kitchen - do what you want!:)

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Oh Laura, the cabinets are gorgeous! Wow. Such a transformation. I love the fabric you've chosen and the tiles too. I have a friend who just picked a similar backsplash. My only fear is that you may tire of it more easily than the white. But it does look fabulous with the fabric. Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

Where is the fabric from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...