Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How lovely are your branches?

Do you ever have a year when you don't really care for your tree? That has been my deal this year. I switched from our modge podge of ornaments a couple of years ago and I went all red and gold and I loved my tree but this year, it's just not working for me. I finished it a couple of weeks ago or should I say I finished round 1.

 This was what I started with. The gold mesh stuff is new this year. I don't like it or maybe what I don't like is how I have put it on the tree. At night it almost looks like a copper color. I LOVE copper but not on my tree with the red!

 So I took it all off and tried this, but quickly said no!
Then I tried a bunch of these pouncy blobs (it's a technical term) and shoved them in the tree to see if that would work! Nope, I'm now taking the gold off and putting it away!
So I study the tree and decide I need the gold and I need to fill the tree. So I go out to my front yard and cut a bunch of boxwood off of a bush and spray paint it gold.

 That makes me a little happy and it didn't cost a thing!!!! See that sweet pic of that young boy. He turned 30 today! (Boy does that make me feel old!) When I stopped using my kids fav ornaments I placed their pic on the tree instead. They still complain!!!
I bought a bunch of these last year at Walmart, I just love them! I also have peace and joy.

This is one thing this year that has gotten me so excited!!! I purchased this dress at Goodwill for 1/2 off  8.00 this summer, and I knew just what I wanted to do with it!

No sewing here folks, just cut the top off and place it around the tree. I used the bodice to make these flowers.

 So here is the final product. It is growing on me. I am more of a rustic girl when it comes to trees, so next year I am going to have to change it up a bit!
 Here is a little peak under my tree until I get some presents wrapped. I got him when I was 6 and just loved/love him!!!
And some sweet pillows my daughter made when she was very young.

I'm linking up to Sarah's tree party, come check it out!

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love how you made the skirt. My kind of sewing!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful tree. Okay give yourself one of your Miss Smartie pants awards for that tree skirt. Ingenious I say. That might be a good idea for my wedding dress I need to use up for something. hmmmm
Question- How come when I try to click on the lime green Post a comment box it won't let me do anything? I have to go click on the post title in order to leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

GET OUT!!! What a fabulous idea for a tree skirt!! A skirt! Makes perfect sense, but I never would have thought of it, wonderful!! I am your newest follower, can't wait to see more!

Sherringa said...

Sista, love the tree skirt ~ so funny we must have been on the same wave length. I bought a Authentic Sweedish dress from the thriftshop this summer with tons of embroidery. I did the same thing. I just bought a new camera at Thrifters Rock for $3.00 so I can finally take pictures again! ~ keep creating smarty ~
xoxo sherringa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...