Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's begun! Cabinet updating in progress!

I cannot, I mean cannot tell you how excited I am. Finally after years, years people..... of wanting to paint my kitchen cabinets it is FINALLY going to happen! But first just a little bit of tweakin to make them look like they aren't builder grade yucky cabinets.
We added a little bead board to the ends. Already I'm getting a peak at what it is going to look like painting them white!
And we added crown molding that is a little bit bigger than before.
I'm going to paint with chalk paint. I have researched and I think it will look great and be really durable. I am going to mix Old White and Pure White. Neither of these really looked like the white I wanted so I thought mixing them would be a good plan. Did I say I'm excited, because I am. My sister-in-law is coming from North Carolina on Wednesday and helping. We have lots planned during the week that she will be here. I can't wait to share it all with you! And the good thing about all of this besides the fact that my kitchen is finally going to look the way I have wanted for a long time, is how clean everything is going to be. It's a whole new perspective when you get down on the floor and start cleaning stuff! My poor hands feel like sandpaper but I'm not complaining. Keep checking back and I will show you what we are up to.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Loving the bead board and moulding! See you in a couple of days!

Dawn said...

Laura,
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the cabinets transformed with the white paint. Do you plan on waxing them after or just applying a clear sealer? It will be fun to have your SIL in on the project too. Some girl time along with work time. Post photos soon.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! I can just envision how beautiful it's going to be! Love the beadboard. I'm anxious to see the big reveal!

suzieQ said...

Saw your comment on FJI and I had to come over to check out your blog. I love your picture, you look like a fun person. Snooping around, your Valentine wreath is wonderful, like your writing style, wish you lived next door.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

So exciting to begin a new project! I was surfing blogland and found you! Now I'm one of your newest friends!!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, Laura, I can picture it already - fresh, clean and white! Can't wait!

heidi said...

Love the breadboard on your cabinet. I'll be painting my bathroom cabinets with chalk paint later this year, so I am curious to hear how your project is going.

lbliss said...

I found you on google, and i'm also wanting to do my cabinets!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like. Are you done?

Thanks!
Laura

Unknown said...

Its gonna look awesome, we actually have those same cupboards and want to do the same, but our entire house is wood trim not white. So is your situation the same? If so are you leaving the wood trim even in the kitchen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...