Saturday, October 16, 2010

A twist on a picture frame!

Well I am going to be the first to say these aren't the best pics but I had to get them up today or it would be... well who knows when!!! Our youth at church are having an auction this weekend to raise bunches of money to do good things.  I usually do a couple of floral arrangements but decided to do something new.  Of course I am a last minute Joe or is it Jo, but here they are.
 I think it's pretty easy to figure out what I did, but I will try to post a tutorial this week. 
 After I got these done, they inspired me to make some for me!  Imagine... something I get to keep.  So I am working on a fall and Halloween one.  Oh in case you aren't sure what to do with them, simply clip a photo on or a "to do" list or how about something inspirational. That just gave me the best idea, what if you did a cute birthday one or ewww, things to be grateful for.  Well as you can see the list is endless.  I'll give you all the details and show you the ones I'm keeping soon!

~toodles~ Laura

5 comments:

Vicki said...

This looks beautiful but honestly I can't tell what you altered? Do share.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Vicki, it is a chunk of wood that I painted and mod podged and did some other things too. I'll give the detail later. Thanks for stopping by!

michaela hoenigman said...

Very nice! I love how this is a way to show pictures n a stylish new way!

April @ HomeHinges.com said...

Cool. I saw the tutorial and think it looks amazing for being a chunk of wood. Great job.

Jules said...

These are AWESOME! I can't wait to try this myself!

I've been thinking about your comment on my black granite (I'm a slow thinker) and I was curious if maybe my black shows so much in the fingerprint department because it has no variations. I have also been giving a lot of thought to concrete! We did our guest bath in a gorgeous gray/green concrete which we adore. Whatever you end up doing share it so I can see! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...