Sunday, April 15, 2012

Transformed cabinet Part 2

So, I shared a cabinet I bought from a friend and the story of how it came to be mine (thank you Tonya!) and the major transformation it underwent. Now I need to share it's final look (who am I kidding, when it comes to decorating nothing is ever final within my grip!)
I can't quit looking at it, I love it and I love how it feels, the wax finish with the ASCP is so nice! In case you didn't read the before story you can check it out here. Ignore this rug, it is about to get moved to a another room. I'm bringing in brighter greens and blues in this room.
This is my spring decor this year, I never got Easter decor out, too much going on, but this worked for me. Don't pay attention to the empty frame, I have a plan.
I recently found this wreath at Ross, I have wanted one of these rosewood wreaths forever, love the color combo in this one, perfect for my house! That lamp is one of the very first projects I did when I started my blog 2 years ago. You can check it out here. It is made from a vase I purchased at Ross also. Love that place!
 This silk hydrangea was too white so I hit it very softly with some light green spray paint. I think this is the first time in all my years of living here that I am finally happy with this wall! It's a large wall and I've had a hard time finding something to really feel the space, just goes to show you that you have to be patient and keep looking until you find the perfect piece!
Oh and the hardware, I love the rusty goodness. I shared this new product last week, called VerDay. It can turn anything into rust. It seemed like the perfect addition to my "made to look" old cabinet.
So here's the before....
And the after! Do you have a dilemma "space" in your home? One that you have given up on? Be patient the perfect piece is out there somewhere, maybe even at your friend's home! The perfect piece is worth waiting for, I promise!

Partying at...

Under The Table & Dreaming
Blue Cricket Design
Domestically Speaking



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazinggg....so pretty..and those rusty knobs are the perfect touch..you did a great job Ms. Smartie pants ;)
xoxo
Rasha@mychampagnetaste

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Visiting from Under the table and dreaming party... I love what you did with this piece! and the way you styled the shelves! Fabulous... Newest follower!

Tam said...

What an awesome job you did... Bravo to you! And those rusty pulls... aahhhhh! Fabulous!

Finding Home said...

It looks so great Laura - nice job. And thanks for the shoutout at The Nester! Take care, Laura

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I can't stop looking at it either! Wowsa! It's gorgeous. Great job of transforming it! Your color palette is stunning.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

p.s. I tagged you today. Don't feel obligated. Just thought it was fun.

Amber said...

It looks really great. I love it! I love the color and the rusty knobs :)
amber

Anonymous said...

So ambitious and so lovely!! What a terrific transformation!

Laurie

Shelby@ My Perfectly Imperfect World said...

What a transformation! Love the color, and that bicycle print above is super cute!

{northern cottage} said...

WHAT A VERY PRETTY SPOT THIS IS NOW! SO FRESH AND CALM AND SERENE!

would love to have ya pop by for a visit anytime!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Unknown said...

Gorgeous I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! You decorated it perfectly too. winks, jen

Unknown said...

That color is just amazing! Is it duck egg? I love the whole look- gorgeous!

Pink Texas Chick said...

Aw I love how this cabinet looks cozy and inviting. You did such an amazing job and I just love the color!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! What color did you paint the cabinet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...